Sunday, August 1, 2010

Wake UP People!!!


We are all being controlled. By the media, Television, radio, magazines, and music. I may sound nuts...but seriously...its true.

For instance, lets take television. You sit there watching your shows and a commercial comes on. They show a big..juicy..charbroiled burger, dripping special sauce...in slow motion. Everything looks fresh and it makes your mouth water. You know what it tastes like because they are formulated to taste the same everytime. Its not food but a science. The fries they show are crispy looking and sprinkled with salt...they look so good you can almost taste them. You might even smell them. Some of you might even get so overpowered by the image and your memories, that you jump in your car and hit the drivethru. Do you know why? You have been programed over many years of being exposed to this.

Look at Tim Hortons. People will literally sit in the drivethru for 30 mins every morning for.....A COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!! To me that is insane. In the city I live in, 2 men got into a fist fight in the drivethru because the one guy thought the other guy took too long to order. There have been rumors for ages now that Tim Hortons is putting Nicatine in there food and coffee...Personally I wouldn't be surprised because the only way I would sit in a drivethru for that long for a coffee is if it was my Crack(haha)

And it doesn't stop there. After you bring home your bag of grease that looks NOTHING like it did on the commercial you stuff your face, and then other commercials come on...Jenny Craig, weightwatchers, gym membership commercials. You feel bloated, unhealthy and downright FAT!! You think, Jeez, I have a problem. I need to get healthy. The people in the commercial are so thin and fit, that there is no way the average person could ever acheive their size...but they enthusiasically tell you that you can do it too! They used to be just like you! Overweight, overeaters, etc. So what do you do? You join a gym, or Jenny Craig and pay big bucks to do so. So who really wins here? Not you!! You are unhealthy and just spent a shitload of money on a gym membership or meal plan to get results that are not realistic. You get discouraged and fall back into your old habits, and the vicious cycle repeats itself.

I know you are all wondering what the hell this all has to do with Michael jackson...but seriously it has alot to do with him. I will explain it in another upcoming post. Until my next post, pay attention to what you are watching, buying, reading and ask yourself this...do I really want to be eating this? do I really need a new livingroom set? Do I really believe what this newscaster is telling me on CNN?

Wake Up people. Take control of your life. Pay attention to what is going on right in front of you.

I'll be back........

p.s. If you click the titles of my posts there is usually a related video link to go with the post. Todays link is totally geared towards the hungry young man. haha this commercial is a double whammy as they not only use food but also sex to lure the viewer.

Food and sex...Men don't have a chance! lol

1 comment:

  1. advetisers are a sick bunch only out for profit....all of them included.......

    ReplyDelete